Sunday 20 January 2013

Theatre

One of the few things which makes me really happy is theatre. I find it so life affirming and uplifting.
I made a resolution a few years ago to go to the theatre at least once a year....

I failed miserably as....

a) Ticket prices are expensive and the lower priced seats sell like hot cakes and I'm just not quick enough to buy these in time. I was gutted that I had missed the Michael Grandage Company perfomances tickets, many which were selling at £10.00!!!  http://www.michaelgrandagecompany.com/whats-on/


b) My past friendship group were not interested in theatre or more probably the price tag and the efforts to attend contributed to this .  I tried to organise one for my birthday a couple of years ago and hardly received any responses - cheers to my so called  "friends".....

Anna Madeley (Governess) in The Turn of the Screw. Photo Nobby Clark from http://blog.almeida.co.uk/2013/01/18/the-turn-of-the-screw-lights-candles-atmosphere/
Anyway to treat myself I will try and go to a couple of shows this year with or without anyone.  After all life passes by and you can't depend on others to want to go with you.  Life's too short to let your joys and dreams pass you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment