Saturday 13 August 2011

Reflections





Image from http://www.scotch-soda.com/en/collection/campaign/category/women

The unexamined life is not worth living said Plato. I really agree with him, if you can't be conscious of yourself or your actions your life is probably rather robotic. Diary, letter writing and even blogging makes me examine some aspect of my life and explore different ways of thinking and discovering. There is a magic in writing, a world opens.

I'm reading a book about Van Gogh's letters, they are amazing, if Van Gogh, art and the artists creative mind interests you I highly recommend this book. Van Gogh reflected a lot about his life and his work in these letters. There is also a lot of affection and passion too.
I love this painting of irises, whenever I see real Irises I think of van Gogh. It's strange but I don't automatically associate like this regarding sunflowers (his paintings of sunflowers; the studies and the infamous sunflowers in a vase)

No comments:

Post a Comment