Sunday 9 July 2017

Summer dreaming

Image from Shop Spanish Moss, a Vintage clothing and accessories shop based in the U.S.
This summer in the South East of England has been super hot. Apparently a couple of weeks ago the hottest in 40 years!

My recent months have left me rather jaded, I have had three roles in the past two years and it makes me tired to think about where I will be heading next. But why should it be that way? One shouldn't let life just 'happen' to them? I have been thinking about what I want to do in the medium to long term.A portfolio career is hopefully around the corner.

Although being an accountant is fairly secure I have very little job satisfaction. I have been seriously thinking about working with food, a supper club, styling food and the arts, a curators course is on the cards as well as Moorish Islamic art studies. My recent travels were in Morocco, South of Spain and Portugal (for 2.5 days!!) and I was fascinated by the arts and patterns in the Magreb and preserved from Arab Andalusia in Spain and Portugal. There is a lot of geometry and repeated patterns and I find them beautiful.

I also would like to create a portfolio of vintage clothing studies. I have a great passion for vintage clothing and want to study and document this somehow.

I hope you are having a good summer so far.

Moorish tiles, photo taken at The Palace of Sintra in Portugal, April 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment