Wednesday 4 September 2013

Five minutes with Noor Fares, jewellery designer


Noor Fares, image from Noorfares.com


1 What does jewellery mean to you?

To me, a piece of jewellery is a very special object that holds a deeper meaning.


2 How do you find inspiration for your jewellery designs?

I am inspired by my travel and by talismans, symbols and antique jewellery

Pyramid Pendant by Noor Fares


3 How do you approach design, is it structured or spontaneous?

I am very spontaneous by nature and at the beginning my design process was intuitive but I have developed my ideas into a more structure and methodical way. I also do lots of research to support my ideas.

Merkaba dress earrings by Noor Fares

4 Do you have a favourite piece of jewellery?

My grandmother’s wedding band, which is a very thin hexagon pavéd with diamonds, it is so under stated and elegant.

5 Can you provide some advice for anyone interested in designing and making jewellery.

It is very important to me to research as much as you can in order to further your ideas and to generate new ones.

Thank you Noor for this interview

No comments:

Post a Comment