Tuesday 17 October 2017

Fifty shades of....Pink

Ulla Johnson Francine dress, image from Ullajohnson.com site October 2017
Pink is actually a rather versatile colour, believe it or not apparently it can also be rather masculine, well according to an interiors and fashion magazine I came across recently- although I highly doubt that you will be finding pink baby clothing for baby boys and toddlers anytime soon.

Anyway pink for me has always been soothing, pretty or shocking, this colour can be as versatile and dramatic as you like, I think its the only colour that has that potential with softness, femininity, comfort and vibrancy across its various hues. I'm surprised that is hasn't been celebrated so much, is this possibly to due with its association to the social fabric of being 'girly'? Regardless pink has made an appearance recently with suits, dresses and even coats. Yep this is across the high street and designer runways. I say appearance because it is like a shooting star, fleeting and not everywhere. That way one can appreciate it more, right?

The colour of the above dress by designer Ulla Johnson is called Antique rose, you my call this dusty rose, dusky rose or even blush. It is actually one of my favourite colours and is coveted be it a diary, notebook or pretty much anything else. I will just have try to to grab a few chances while it enjoys its mini renaissance as a 'serious' colour.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from the UK. I enjoyed reading. A pretty dress. I like pink, but wouldn't wear it!

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete